The plebiscite honors individuals who, in a given year, distinguish themselves by their actions in the fields they represent. Professional reputation and influence in the medical community or in the Polish health care system, as well as the strength of public influence, are also taken into account. The selection is made by a jury of experts, representatives of patient organizations and the editors of "Puls Medycyny."
List of One Hundred 2022: Medicine
The list included:
- Tomasz Dzieciątkowski, MD, PhD, (14th place) from the Department of Medical Microbiology MUW;
- Prof. Piotr Skarżyński (15th place) from the Department of Heart Failure and Cardiac Rehabilitation MUW;
- Prof. Mariusz Kuśmierczyk (17th place), head of the Department of Heart, Chest and Transplant Surgery UCC MUW;
- Prof. Grzegorz Basak (46th place), head of the Department of Hematology, Transplantation and Internal Medicine UCC MUW;
- Prof. Artur Mamcarz (49th place), head of the 3rd Department of Internal Diseases and Cardiology MUW;
- Prof. Hanna Szajewska (miejsce 51), kierownik Kliniki Pediatrii Warszawskiego UCK WUM;
- Prof. Hanna Szajewska (51st place), head of the Department of Pediatrics at the Warsaw UCK WUM;
- Prof. Leszek Czupryniak (53rd place), head of the Department of Diabetology and Internal Medicine UCC MUW;
- Mariusz Tomaniak, MD, PhD, (56th place) from the Department of Invasive Cardiology of the 1st Chair and Department of Cardiology UCC MUW;
- Prof. Roman Danielewicz (58th place) from the Department of Surgical and Transplantation Nursing and Extracorporeal Therapies MUW and the Department of General and Transplantation Surgery UCC MUW;
- Prof. Rafał Krenke (miejsce 61), kierownik Katedry i Kliniki Chorób Wewnętrznych, Pneumonologii i Alergologii Warszawskiego UCK WUM; dziekan Wydziału Lekarskiego WUM;
- Prof. Marcin Grabowski (66th place), head of the 1st Chair and Department of Cardiology UCC MUW;
- Prof. Piotr Pruszczyk (72nd place), Vice Rector for Science and Technology Transfer MUW, head of the Department of Internal Diseases and Cardiology UCC MUW;
- Prof. Piotr Milkiewicz (78th place) from the Department of Hepatology, Transplantation and Internal Medicine UCC MUW;
- Prof. Krzysztof Zieniewicz (89th place) from the Chair and Department of General, Transplant and Liver Surgery UCC MUW;
- Agnieszka Kapłon-Cieślicka, MD, PhD, (91st place) from the 1st Department of Cardiology UCC MUW;
- Prof. Lidia Rudnicka (93rd place), head of the Department of Dermatology UCC MUW;
- Prof. Jacek Szaflik (95th place), head of the Department of Ophthalmology MUW, director of the Independent Public Clinical Ophthalmology Hospital.
Full list of one hundred in the medicine category is available here
List of One Hundred 2022: health care system
The list included:
- Łukasz Jankowski, MD (7th place) affiliated with the Department of Transplantation Medicine, Nephrology and Internal Diseases UCC MUW;
- Prof. Robert Gałązkowski (27th place), director of the Polish Medical Air Rescue, head of the Department of Emergency Medical Sciences MUW; Vice Dean of the Faculty of Health Sciences;
- Prof. Anna Kostera-Pruszczyk (67th place), head of the Department of Neurology UCC MUW;
- Prof. Bolesław Samoliński (74th place), head of the Department of Public and Environmental Health and the Department of Prevention of Environmental Hazards, Allergology and Immunology MUW;
- Prof. Andrzej Horban (94th place), head of the Department of Adult Infectious Diseases MUW.
Full list of One Hundred in the health system category is available here
A trio of "Knowledge promoters" was also selected as part of the List of One Hundred. In this group is Prof. Artur Mamcarz.
How is the ranking created?
Jurors, invited to participate by the editors of “Puls Medycyny,” vote for candidates in two ranking categories. Each panel of jurors receives a proposed list of candidates. Both contain about 150 names. Before the final list is compiled, the jury may propose other candidates, who are placed on the list after approval by the editorial team of “Puls Medycyny.” Candidates are evaluated in the following categories: achievements and accomplishments; positive impact on the development of Polish medicine/Polish health care system; strength of public impact. They receive from 0 to 10 points. The final "100" will include those who receive the highest total number of points.
Graphic: Puls Medycyny