Insurance & Student Card


Each exchange student is obliged to posses health insurance. For EU/EFTA citizens European Health Insurance Card is required. The students from non-EU/EEA countries should purchase health insurance in their home country, before departure. According to state health regulations foreigners (except the EU/EEA citizens, see above) have to pay for a medical consultation. The cost is then reimbursed by the health insurance company. Apart from academic and public medical care system there is also a well-developed private sector. The costs of private medical care may be reimbursed if a student has purchased a health insurance policy in his/her country before departure. 

For non EU/EFTA citizens (e.g. Turkey) a private health insurance is necessary. Make sure that the agreement with insurance company ensures reimbursement of costs of treatment abroad.

Student Card

ISIC – International Student Identity Card is recommended. It covers additional insurance – liability, accident – and gives 50% of discount for Warsaw public transport. ISIC card can be obtained in the home country.

The Student Card of the Medical University of Warsaw entitles to discounts of 50% for public transport and demonstrates all rights that students of our university posses. We need one photograph of a student in order to prepare it. The card is issued several days upon registration at the MUW International Relations Office. The student can not use student tickets without one of the above mentioned student cards. In this case a normal ticket should be purchased.